Dry, Chapped Lips? Or Luscious Lips?
With the heat of summer and the dryness of winter all around us, it’s no wonder our finest features are the first to suffer. Cracked, chapped and dry lips need nourishment. The soothing luscious lip balms made by our resident naturopath, with beautiful natural ingredients will keep your lips soft and kissable.
Not only will these gorgeous, luscious lip balms soothe your lips, they’re also being nourished and protected.
Our lips are more delicate than the skin on our face. The lip has between 3 and 5 cellular layers (typical facial skin has up to 16) which is why the colour of the blood vessels appear through the skin.
As the lip skin is not hairy and doesn’t have sweat glands it also doesn’t have the usual protection that our skin does. There is no sweat or body oil to keep the lips smooth, and pathogens are easily transferred and they’re unable to regulate temperature. And this is the reason you need a nourishing Necessity lip balm.
Healthy, luscious lips aren’t just beautiful they’re also necessary for us to eat and drink. Making sounds with our lips is an important way for us to communicate. Non-verbal communication also uses lips as indicators of feelings, happiness, sadness and many other emotions.
The erogenous zone of the lips is crucial for kissing! And that is a Necessity!
Compared to other products on the market, and I’ve tried many, it’s the Necessity range that ensure I always have soft, luscious lips. The main ingredients are Rosehip and Jojoba Oils which are incredibly rich in nutrients as well as being protective. I particularly enjoy the natural flavours in Lemon and the Mandarin. The fragrance is fruity, soft and fresh, and the natural ingredients feel soothing and nourishing. The Vanilla Bean and Coconut & Lime is sweet with a hint of the tropics.
The 100% Natural Lip Balm range contains ingredients that are sustainably sourced and cruelty free – only tested on people:
Rosehip Oil | Jojoba Oil | Shea Butter | Coconut Oil | Sunflower Oil | Vitamin E| Beeswax | Palm Oil (sustainable) | Orange /Lemon / Mandarin / Coconut & Lime/ Vanilla Bean Oil
- Rosehip Oil is rich in essential regenerative benefits which are integral for tissue and cell growth. Rosehip Oil is quickly absorbed into the skin, replenishing moisture, and creating a protective barrier on the skin to help prevent dehydration.
- Jojoba Oil is the closest natural replacement for human sebum (skin oil) which makes it the perfect ingredient for skin repair. Jojoba Oil forms a protective barrier over dry, cracked or chapped lips which protects the skin from drying out even further. Because the Jojoba Oil absorbs quickly and contains essential vitamins, the results are quick and with re-application, you can avoid your lips becoming cracked and painful. Jojoba Oil has a natural Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 4.
- Shea Butter is an anti-inflammatory skin moisturiser with anti-aging properties.
- Coconut Oil has been shown to increase collagen production, so your skin looks more youthful.
- Sunflower Oil is an effective oil for protecting against bacteria.
- Vitamin E provides moisture as well as allowing the skin to retain water.
- Bees Wax is also hydrating and protective of the lips soft tissue.
- Palm Oil is rich in Vitamin E and counters damage by free radicals.
The no nasties promise is truly sweet!
Necessity Lip Balms are Australian Made and preservative free.